My 2019 Wanderlist

In 2018, I visited Barbados, Trinidad (twice), Tobago, Bogotá, Medellín, Cartagena, and Scottsdale. For some reason, I didn’t make a vision board last year, so all of these trips just sort of happened. In 2019, I plan to be more intentional about speaking things into existence and trusting that what is meant for me will be. With that, I’m manifesting travel destinations for the upcoming year.

Booked

Houston

It would be nice to catch a Rockets’ game while I’m in Houston. That, and eat some good food! This mac & cheese is from International Smoke in San Francisco, people claim everything is better in Texas…

International Smoke

Photo by Marissa’s Teachable Moments

Mexico City

My bestie and I are heading to Mexico City soon. Our current itinerary consists of taco and mezcal tastings. Please feel free to drop some recommendations in the comments.

Mexico City

Photo by Guillermo Pérez

Wanderlist

Chicago

I want to see what the #SummertimeChi hype is all about.

Chicago

Photo by Lance Anderson

Thailand

Thailand has been on my list for years; I’m hoping 2019 will be the year that I finally visit. Massages on the beach, sand between my toes…I can feel it now.

Thailand

Photo by Mg Cthu

South Africa

Durban, Cape Town, Johannesburg…I hope to spend a few weeks exploring South Africa. Now to figure out how to make that happen while adulting.

South Africa

Photo by Megan Lawson

Amsterdam

I visited Amsterdam in 2017, and it’s been calling my name ever since.  Chill vibes, nice people, pie…what’s not to like? One of my friends recently moved to Amsterdam, so now I have the perfect excuse to visit.

I amsterdam sign

Photo by Marissa’s Teachable Moments

Greece

Can you believe I didn’t go to Greece when I was in Europe for two months? Yea, neither can I. Perhaps I’ll go island hopping before or after visiting Amsterdam.

Santorini Greece

Photo by Jonathan Gallegos

I made my list, checked it twice, now to find some flight deals. What’s on your 2019 wanderlist?

Happy Travels,

Marissa

64 thoughts on “My 2019 Wanderlist

1. theweekendfox says:

I love making a “wanderlist” every year! I had a lot of spontaneous travel in 2018, but I’m also hoping to speak more into existence. We went to Amsterdam this year (it was my second time) and I totally understand your desire to go back! I also lovelovelove Chicago and hope to get to Thailand in the near future, too! Cheers to a new year filled with travel!

2. Lindsay Rae says:

I love this Wanderlist idea! I am going to make my own list up. Not going to lie, I may just use yours because this is an awesome list!

3. Amanda Martin says:

I have a Paris/London trip booked and a Colorado Ski trip and Tuscany trip tentatively panned. Maybe a beach trip with the girlfriends, too! I can’t wait to hear about Mexico City, it intrigues me! Happy travels, xoxo

4. Aditi Wardhan Singh says:

You give me travel goals. I so wish I could travel as much I desire to. Just not possible these days. Your wanderlist is so heart warming.

5. Kendra says:

This is such a great idea! My husband and I were just talking about places we wanted to travel to this year!! All of these would be amazing!

6. Katherine Gamble says:

Such stellar options! If there’s one thing I wish to do more of, it’s traveling! That’s so exciting that some of these trips are booked. I would love to read about your visit to Greece when it occurs!

7. Lea Bella says:

I have Amsterdam on my list this year – I’ve never been before and live in the UK it’s so close. Thailand is also somewhere I’d love to go to. You should have a look at the Maldives. It’s pretty impressive

8. phoward336 says:

Great list – looks amazing. My goal is a trip every month (at least a weekend). I have about half of them planned and need to get going on the rest!

9. Under Flowery Sky says:

Hope we make as much as we can with our bucket
    lists. As time flies so quickly, there’s always something
    to be left out. It’s important that we did as much as we
    could while taking the most out it and enjoying ourselves.

10. Becca Wilson says:

I would love to be able to travel more. These are some really great choices and I hope that you get to go to each and every one of them.

11. genaadventure says:

It’s such a great idea to make a wanderlist! I have been to most of these places, but Greece and Amsterdam are still on my list. And if you happen to be in Houston, I will send you greetings from Austin 🙂

12. Money Saving Blog says:

I can’t wait until the kids are grown up so I can have my own wanderlist. Travelling with 5 kids is expensive as heck, we manage 1 or 2 weeks a year abroad at the moment but only to places like Spain and Bulgaria due to cost.

13. DrKLeeBanks says:

I have never been to any of these places, but you have made them sound and look intriguing! I think hubby’s and my “wander list” would include a return trip to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. We went there for my middle daughter’s destination wedding in 2013, and would like to go back some day on our own. It’s more likely we will “wander” to Colorado this fall, for my oldest daughter’s wedding!

14. Her Lenox Stoop says:

You’ve got some great locations! Santorini is definitely a must and I hear Mykonos in the summer is unforgettable (we went in August and had just missed all the fun). Sheila and I went to Durban and Cape Town And it was one of the best trips I’ve ever taken, you’re going to love it!

I’ve got Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago coming up in a few weeks. And maybe a girls trip to Chi town in the spring. This is inspiring me to think about where else I want to go!! Colombia and Brazil have been on my list for a long time… maybe 2019 is the year!

• Marissa's Teachable Moments says:

Your pictures from Greece and South Africa were definitely travel goals. I feel like I’m trying to do a lot this year, but it could happen (?)

Sounds like you have some amazing trips booked! Are you going to Trinidad Carnival? I really hope you make it to Colombia and Brazil; I’d go back tomorrow if I could.