Hi there! I haven’t written a post in quite some time, but I have a pretty good reason — I wrote a children’s book! To say Free the Curls has been a labor of love would be an understatement. If it can inspire even one child to take a stand when they see something wrong, then it’ll be worth it.
Maliyah is an inquisivite six-year old who loves to read books and watch cartoons. When she and her mom visit a store to buy shampoo for wash day, they notice all the products for her hair type are locked up. Maliyah and her mom must decide — buy the products or take a stand.
As a small business owner, I need your help to get this Free the Curls into the hands of children. I’m launching this project on Kickstarter for three reasons:
1. Pre-orders will help me gauge interest.
2. Kickstarter will fund print runs since I don’t have the capital of a traditional publisher.
3. I can’t even draw stick figures! So Kickstarter will cover costs like illustrations, editing, and book design. My illustrator is amazing…no stick figures over here.
WAYS TO SUPPORT
1. Please tell your friends, your family, your colleagues, your neighbors (basically anyone who will listen) about Free the Curls.
2. Visit my Kickstarter page and hit the “notify me on launch” button so you can be notified when the campaign goes live on May 18th. If you’re new to Kickstarter, I’ve included some steps below.
3. Finally, pre-order your copy of Free the Curls on May 18th. Set an alarm so you don’t miss out on the awesome early bird specials.
9 thoughts on “I Wrote a Book”
I look forward to reading and spreading the word.
Thanks so much, Sonia!!
Cannot wait to purchase this book!!
Thanks so much for your support!!
Congrats! I can’t wait to read it.
Thanks so much, Acquania!!
Excellent job Marissa. Keep up the great work.
Thanks so much, Ryan!
Thank you, Ryan!