One of my friends recently got back from a year of exploration, so her packing list was extremely helpful. I ended up buying a lot of things that she suggested even though she was gone for a year, and my trip is only a few months. So here’s what I squeezed in my carry-on bag and personal item:
- 3 sundresses
- 1 maxi dress
- 1 jumper
- 1 skirt
- 4 pair of shorts
- 4 tops
- 2 sweats…probably will be used for athleisure
- 2 sports bras…again, we’ll see if I workout on top of all the walking I’ll be doing
- 3 bras
- All the undies (in case I’m not able to do laundry as often as I’d like)
- 2 shorts and 2 tanks for sleeping
- 2 sleep shirts/dresses
- 2.5 swimsuits (.5 because the top of one matches the bottom of another)
- 1 cover up
- 1 pair of Sandals
- Flip flops for showering
- Flats…happened to pack with a color scheme, so just bringing 1 pair of flats
- 1 pair of sneakers
- 1 beach bag
- Travelon Anti-Theft Cross-Body Bag I settled on this one after reading a bunch of reviews. Post-travel update…I loved this bag. It felt super sturdy and held my journal, phone, and anything else I was carrying throughout the day. Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Toothbrush & toothpaste – 2 of each because I’m that person who will drop a toothbrush then be forced to get creative
- Face Wash
- Leave-in conditioner
- Curling cream
- Shea butter
- Eyeliner (in case I’m feeling fancy)
- 5 lipsticks/glosses..though I’ll probably only use 2
- Travel towel
- 2 travel face cloths
- 1 blanket for the plane
- Cocoon for sleeping. When I stayed in hostels, this felt like an added layer of protection in beds that had been slept in my a number of people.
- 2 luggage locks
- 1 lock – for lockers in hostels
- Universal charger
- (Below) basic first-aid kit
- I-pad mini
- Fitbit – to keep track of my steps so I don’t feel guilty about not working out
Okay, that’s it…by “it” I mean a lot.
4 thoughts on “What’s In My Suitcase”
I love following your blog and travels. Can’t wait to see what you get into. Have fun and safe travels.
Thanks Kara!! Wish you could join me on a leg of my trip!
How did you manage to fit all of that in your suitcase?! That is amazing! Have fun on your trip!
I turned my beach bag into a personal item, which helped. Feeling like I packed too much because Europe has so many cute shops but I don’t have space for new clothes 🤔